Monday, May 23, 2011

What I made when trying to decide what to make..





Good Afternoon everyone. I hope everybody had a nice weekend. To my followers in Missouri,I hope you are all safe and you got through the storms untouched. Tornadoes are horrific, but even worse during sleeping hours..

Over the weekend I was trying to figure out what I wanted to make. I got to looking at all the "scrap" or leftover thread I have stashed in bins and baskets in my room. I thought that maybe I should try to make some things out of them. I have a great deal of leftovers..I think I gave some to my sister, and mom I think got some odd lot balls..but for the most part I have years of leftovers.

I think the potholder was my favorite..that is the yellow rose one..I think I may make more of these or maybe different flowers on the potholder.. The other ones are small doilies or coasters..

I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.

8 comments:

Faith said...

Hi Vicki, I loved visiting your special craft room...would love one of my own....to get lost in...ahhhh....:) I think potholders are a lovely choice....you did pretty work....I'm glad the "heads" brought back memories of your sweet grandmother....and you smiled...I would have loved to see what she had...I bet they were beauties....

Unknown said...

Very pretty indeed, I have been reading your other posts as well and your work is stunning :))
I love your craft room, the books on doilies are special..:))

One pair of Hands said...

Wow!! What do you do when you really make up your mind? They are so pretty - definitely don't look like leftovers.

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

My fav is the yellow rose one. xoxo

Unknown said...

Love the flower potholder.. yes, make some more using different colors.. very pretty. They would make nice gifts.
Love you
mom

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The yellow rose potholder is really pretty...well, they are all pretty, but I love roses, so it's my fav. :)

Mary said...

Gosh, you made all of those when you didn't know what to make...amazing! You must be so fast at crocheting. I have been sidetracked in my crocheting...things that come up but nothing to complain about when seeing all the destruction in Missouri. My heart just goes out to them. So, what is on your hook at present? Did the lady pick up the dress?

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous.
Teresa