Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Looking for a pattern with a certain stitch..Help....



Good afternoon fellow bloggers. I have been busy. Doing what you ask. I do not know, I have just been busy. Seems like there is always something to do. Today was no different..had to take the dog to the vet and that took time, had to run out for bread and milk, that took more time, needed to shred some papers that have piled up..that took even more time..wow..and I really haven't done all that much..ever have days like this? Oh well..anyway I thought I would show what I have been working on..potholders and coasters..I took pics of the potholders not the coasters. I am trying to finish up a pineapple doily that has been sitting around for awhile, then there is a runner I need to finish up. Maybe I will get them done in the next few days or weeks...

I am looking for a doily pattern that uses the buillion stitch. I have tons of books new and old, If anyone one knows what book or where I can find a pattern I would appreciate it. I could just sit down and start going through my books, but I tend to get sidetracked and end up having a stack of patterns that I want to make, and not finding what I am looking for. The buillion stitch is one that you wrap your thread around the hook a certain number of times and take all of the loops off at once. Helps to have an inline hook..like susan bates or one of the really old hooks. So if anyone knows of a pattern or book where I can find the pattern I would be most grateful....thanks..

9 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Patricia Kristoffersen has some really neat doilies. Follow this link :

http://www.amazon.com/Doilies-Twist-Leisure-Arts-3818/dp/1574868306/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307503036&sr=1-5

I think this is what you might be looking for. Happy Hooking. :)

Unknown said...

I have many patterns but I don't think the one you want.. Hopefully you have found the right one :))
By the way your crochet doilies/potholders are wonderful :))

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

I'm like you, I get lost in patterns when I start looking for something. I have seen a couple of patterns using the bullion. I am not successful on that stitch so I never really was interested. Did you check on ravelry?

Faith said...

is the bullion st ( which I have not heard of) like the cluster? You do that with the cluster st..Is the bullion st a vintage st?
I don't have any patterns which require that st...I'm sorry. I hope that someone can lead you to what your looking for. Your PH.....Lovely.....

Mary said...

Hi Vikki,

Thank you for your kind comment! I am no help with the bullion stitch. I have heard of it but don't know of any patterns...looks like you may have a lead with your first comment though. Love the potholders. The rose one on the left and the yellow and lavendar round ones are my favorites. Are these patterns you can share? I love the open rose front on the one on the left. I miss working on potholders. Life has been so busy here also and to be honest, I don't feel like I am accomplishing much. But...I guess those times are normal. It is so hot and humid here it is miserable outside. I think I am having a lazy day today and will just go with it. Hope your day is a good one!

byhooks4u said...

thanks to all who have commented..the buillion stitch is an old stitch. It is not a cluster or popcorn. For this stitch you wrap the thread around the hook the number of times the designer says and you pull a thread through all of the wrapped threads at once..kind of looks like a worm.. I found flowers made with the stitch but no doily Yet.

Faith said...

I'll keep my eyes open..not a cluster huh? I've added you to the swap list...should be fun..were winging it so far...hee hee

Faith said...

Vicki, thanks for stopping in, and just letting me know you did...it is blogging and it's simplest and best...:)

Faith said...

http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00248&cat_id=308

I didn't read the entire pattern, however I typed in bullion stitch pattern for doilies and this one caught my eye...good luck...:)