Monday, August 15, 2011

And it is Monday



Good Afternoon my fellow bloggers. Nothing new on the homefront. So I guess that is good news. I have been into making potholders. I need to move on. But for some reason I think they are just the prettiest things around. I think I am going to yarn bomb my kitchen with them..hang them on hooks on everything.. I will take pics and maybe get the pics up tomorrow. But today I just finished this up in an army green color. It isn't DMC thread so I had to get used to working with it. It is Nezli Garden..very soft for thread. I like the results. I don't think I would like it too much for smaller projects because it is soft, but for larger ones like this table topper it works really well. I think this thread would be awesome for thread clothing or a bedspread. It is fairly reasonable in price..I think I paid about $3.50. It had about 350 yards of thread. I got it at Yarn Mountain on line..not sure of the web address as I kind of found it by accident. I bought it because I like the color and army green is hard to find. I am thinking I am going to put this in my etsy shop..

9 comments:

Debi Y. said...

This doily is so pretty - the color looks nice.

Mindy said...

Wow--lots of variety in that one. Lovely, as always!! =)

CrochetBlogger said...

Very beautiful work. How fun to work with a different thread than usual. Sounds like some creative ideas might have come out of that!

One pair of Hands said...

This is a beautiful table cover. The yarn sound as though it would be nice to wear in a garment as well.

Ninu said...

This one is very pretty!i have this pattern in my to do list

Mary said...

Beautiful. You must be the fastest crocheter in the west! I am working on that pineapple doily and I am having a problem on the end of the first pineapple. I am doing (at least I think I am) what the pattern directions say but something is not right. I know it is just me. I think I will try to take a pic of the doily and the directions and see if I can get some help. I love table topper doilies. Well, I love all doilies but table toppers are so pretty and can be seen so well.

Mary said...

Hi Vikki,

I sent you an email with a pic and tried to explain what I did. Thanks so much for your help. I love doilies and love crocheting but just wish I was better at it. Blogging is so great, there are so many talented ladies who are so willing to help. Thanks so much!!

Hookin It With Mr. Lick Lick said...

Beautiful as usual! I like the color too, I've always liked OD green.

MamaLezlie said...

What a beautiful doily! Great job!!!