Thursday, December 15, 2011

MY RED TREE. (feel free to go UGH!)

My red tree during the day with no lights on...not very pretty. I just hope nobody puts this in their what not to crochet list..Really it is not pretty..
My red tree during the day with the lights on...better
My red tree..at night with the lights off in the house..and the lights on the tree on...LOVE IT!! the pic doesn't really show it really well..During the day this tree is about as ugly and weird looking as they get. I used a strand of red and a strand of white worked together through out this tree. Next time I want a colored tree I think I will use white yarn and look for the color of lights I want to use.
On the crochet project front..I have decided not to make the slippers..I can whip out some thread things alot quicker. Besides I am tired of working with yarn..I don't know what I will do with all the yarn..Maybe I can do a square or two a day and by next Christmas someone will be getting a nice blanket..hmm.. I am thinking I will make a couple potholders for each of my daughters, and maybe a centerpiece for each of their dining room tables.. I have 3 daughters..each one very different that is for sure. Now I know I can get that completed in time for Christmas. I am still working on the tablecloth..I think I am about half way done with it....OK now that I have a plan I must get busy and grab a hook, find a pattern( that can be the hardest part for me, making a decision on what I want to make. I tend to make a real mess in my craft room going through all my patterns. It has to be the right one..you know what I mean? Then I must decide on the thread color, which could make me have to do another pattern search..My husband laughs at me..doesn't understand it all..) I hope you all have a very wonderful weekend..Until Monday unless something comes up that I really have to share..Blessngs to all my wonderful blog friends.

8 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

I think your red Christmas tree looks pretty. :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Now stop it about the red tree in the day light...I think it looks pretty. It's beautiful light or not. It truly is a work of art, as are all the lovely things you make. Hope you have a most wonderful weekend. Looking forward to your post on Monday. :0

Hugs to my pal Buddy and wishing you a wonderful day filled with many blessings. :)

Faith said...

I don't see ugly at all. You made something lovely, Red works this time of year...and these do look so pretty at night with all the house lights off...mine looks like it snow on it, and under the snow, the lights all soft and muddled..

Crafy Lady said...

Nothing wrong with your tree. Made by you always beautiful

Mindy said...

Nice!

I hope you find a good use for that yarn! =) I'm sure your girls will like anything you do for them.

One pair of Hands said...

No 'yuks' coming from this end. I like your tree - the red is very festive and it looks gorgeous with the lights on. If there is no time limit for you to use up your yarn, I think the square every now and again sounds like a good idea.

Unknown said...

Well, it is different. You know our trees are pretty in real life..I'm sure the red is too!

Love you!
mom

DaCraftyLady said...

I really like it of course red is one of my fav colors love them...