Monday, January 27, 2014

Hooker Butt....

Hello my dear blog friends..I hope everyone is staying warm.  And for those of you who are in those places where the sun is shining and the air is warm...please enjoy it for us that are in the cold, and have the heat turned up and dreading our next power bill..please, please enjoy it.. I don't know if it is because I am getting older or what, but I really don't like winter..I don't like having to wear layers and layers to go outside..I like just running in and out..I don't like having to warm up my truck before I can sit in it without freezing my rear end off...I don't like have to scrape the windows..that is why I warm up the truck...I am grateful that we put skylights in the living room as at least I have more light.  I don't know about all you guys but I need sunshine..or I just get the blahs..bad...so I need more light..and no the ott lights don't really count.  They do if you need an excuse to sit and hook under it all day..and get hooker butt..you know where your butt starts taking on the shape of your hooking chair..so if you are like me and tend to gravitate towards your hooks and threads and your favorite chair..make sure you get up and move around once an hour or so..you don't get hooker butt...and it is good for your circulation too.  Just saying..and if I have offended anyone..I am sorry..but that is how my mind is working today...You know those direct tv ads...I bet this would make for a good commercial..at least some of us would get it....

I finished this doily..finally.  I don't know why it took me so long, but it did.  Too many distractions I guess.  I had a few orders to make, and a pattern to test..but now my time is my own and I am making a tablecloth...refer to last post..I am making the second pic..mostly filet so it moves quite quickly as long as I don't lose my place as it is a diagram..

I see I have new visitors..Hi there..I hope you will leave a comment once in awhile to let me know you were here and I can read your blogs if you are a blogger..if not I still like to hear from you....oh speaking of which..I have tried to leave some comments on a few blogs and I can't..I don't know why..I can leave comments on some but not on others..I don't know what is up..so my friends if you don't get comments from me just know that I am trying..and I am reading your blogs.. 

I am off to warm up my truck, get dressed..in layers..and run to the post office.  I hope you all stay warm and cozy..many blessings always..

14 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

LOL on the Hooker Butt...you know I am gonna totally rip you off and use that on my blog, right! I love it. :)

I am so not liking this cold...it's down in the teens right now and suppose to get -2 tonight....insane...just insane! Keep warm my friend, I feel your pain.

Oh I love your doily....I can't look at your blog without wanting to hook...you inspire me.

Hey we are both working on a crochet tablecloth at the same time....yeah, guess I am bound to get hooker butt, too!

Hugs and blessings always sweet friend.

mary i said...

I am a non-blogger fan of yours. I have to second all of what dear Stitchy said. I have a dual problem "Rocking chair Hooker butt." Yeah this weather here in Alabama is bonkers also. It is sunny but to cold to enjoy with the wind and all. I know soon this to shall pass,(the sooner the better)Your art as always is lovely. Stay warm as best you can.

Kate said...

I'm definitely developing hooker butt lately! The other day my husband came home and wanted to know if I'd gotten the mail. Nope, way too cold! (It was the 20s that day.) I had been on the couch all day cross stitching and crocheting. Good thing the dog needs let in and out a lot or I wouldn't more nearly enough.
Very pretty doily :-)
Stay warm!

Pammy Sue said...

Oh-so pretty! You could move to Texas, but trust me, you'll still get hooker butt in the warm weather! Hee-hee. I'm so impressed that you are tackling that big ol tablecloth! I hope you sail through it without any problems.

Gramma Rita said...

Hmmm...well...I guess it's good to know I am good company with this hooker butt thing. ;) LOL On a different note...your doily is gorgeous as always! :)

hooksandyarns said...

You sound like me Vikki - I don't like the cold and wearing layers either - and I also need sunshine or I get grouchy. I'm counting the days to Spring. :)

Unknown said...

lol is that what it is .. So funny :)).
Its lovely and warm here today, So I will enjoy it while it lasts :)) Keep warm and keep on hook'n lol..............

Preeti said...

Lovely doily again!! :)
I am forced to get up every few minutes, thanks to my school going child. We have sun shining here all round the year. Just as you don't like winters, I don't like summers here. They are just too hot and we too dread the electric bills for ACs.

Mereknits said...

I think Hooker Butt leads to Hooker belly, which is what I have this Winter. Even here in Florida I want to stay in and crochet.
Hugs,
Meredith

Charlotte said...

Too late! I seem to have "hooker's butt"! But I'm not complaining! :-)
I don't like cold weather either. I was born in July and love the sand, surf, and sun! Stay warm!

Pradeepa said...

I have already started developing a hooker butt and I am trying to get rid of it. Your doily is gorgeous!

Mindy said...

I LOVE that pattern! Is it from one of your books? Pretty.

And yes, we're all-too-familiar with the mis-shapen backsides... =P Ha!

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

Hooker butt ... I like that!

Kim said...

I love that doily!!

I laughed at this post, it really cheered me up, lol
Our weather has been lots of wind and rain and because I live by the sea, rather large waves as well.
If I remember I'll put a picture up to show.

Hope you get warmer weather soon.

Take care
:)