Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Just finished blocking a doily..yipee..something other than the thread eater.  The thread eater is folded and sitting in a basket, within arms reach of my hooking chair.  It may sit there awhile as I am truly burnt out on it.  I just needed a break to work something I could actually get done.    

I am late on my Monday post as the weather has turned really nice at least for the last few days.  I have already been out and about and truly enjoying the spring type days...now I could live with this all year around.. 

I have started another doily..and I want you to see the mess I make when looking for a pattern...I don't know why I bother putting the books back...as soon as I finish the one I am working on I will just make another mess looking for the perfect pattern.  Hubby had a good idea...that I should make all the patterns in the book I am currently using..hence no more pattern search for awhile.  Well..that would work if there weren't other patterns in my head.  I want to make the  Between meal centerpiece..and then the royal pineapple pattern....I am just not sure the colors I want to use.  On my hook right now is a color that has been discontinued by DMC...I love it..the color is not ecru..it is a little darker..but not as dark and #842 (coffee).  And then there is a blue ...also discontinued..I am thinking for the Between Meal Centerpiece..it is like a gray blue..but who knows by the time I finish what I am working on I may change my mind.....

I am rambling, so I am gonna sign off for now....may you always find the blessings..they are there..sometimes you just have to look a little harder..
my mess...


same mess a day later.......

Buddy enjoying the sunshine..and standing guard

blocked and drying....

8 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

I love your craft room Vikki - it's nice and bright. Love the doily too. :)

Preeti said...

Very pretty doily!!:)
Whether I make doily or not I keep on creating mess by taking out all the books that I have....minuscule compared to your pattern collection:)
I enjoyed making my between meal centerpiece doily. Looking forward to see yours.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh a craft room needs to be messy, that way you know it's used and loved! Buddy is so adorable. Hugs to his cute little butt!

Hey, when you block your doily, do you spray it with anything other than water before you pin it? Is there a way to block without an iron?

Hugs and blessings always sweet friend.

Kim said...

I love your craft room!!!
I could just dive right in there and enjoy a right good poke around. Mind you, you'd really know what messy was then, as I pulled out all the yarns and looked through all the patterns and tried out all your hooks!! LOL

Lovely doily as always. How do you make them SO quickly?!!!
I'm in total awe.

:)

Pammy Sue said...

Oh my, isn't that a beautiful doily! Love it in the white. I should make my next doily in white, me thinks. Your dog is beautiful too, and he looks like a good burglar deterrent. Glad you are having some nice weather to enjoy!

Sherri said...

Wow the doily is lovely, just lovely. I have the Between Meal doily on my pile to make too. I was thinking DMC Tan.
I know you are enjoying your warmer weather, have fun!
Your dog is so awesome, what a beuty

Charlotte said...

What a mess! I know the feeling. I go through almost every book and pattern I have when I'm looking for a pattern. I have done like your hubby suggested and completed every pattern in a book! The weather has been beautiful for a couple of days but the cold and rain is creeping back in. Stay warm and finish that thread eater!

Crafy Lady said...

Here it is Monday and a chilly one at that. Did I read you will come to the beach at Pensacola, Fl? I live 20 minutes from that beach.
Have a great day.
BarbaraD