Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Good Morning..Not much is going on in my world.  I went up north and had a short visit with my mom and with two of my daughters over the weekend.  Went garage selling over the weekend and found an old treadle sewing machine.  I wouldn't have bought it except that it worked, and had the wooden cover for the machine.  The only thing is I didn't take the truck up, but took the car.  So I couldn't get it back to my house...so it is sitting at my daughter's home in her garage....my son in law tried, measured and remeasured and no matter what the thing wouldn't fit.  I wish I would have taken pics so I could show it off..it will just have to wait until they either come down or I can go up with the truck...darn..should have planned better.

On my hook right now..is a tablecloth and an oval runner..oh yeah and the filet of the last supper.  I did finish up 2 purple doilies..made with dmc cebelia size 10 and the color is 210..and can be found in my shop www.etsy.com/shop/byhooks4u

The pattern can be found in Mary's Doilies....these are already sold..


I got a new computer so I am trying to get used to it..it is weird how things can be so different.  I went to Dell as they can still give me windows 7.  Hubby has windows 8 on his laptop..and I really don't like it...so I was tickled to be able to get windows 7...with a free upgrade to windows 10 or 11 if I choose.  

Well I guess that is all I have got for today..my plan if I stick to it is to get my floors mopped and maybe a load or two of laundry done..today.. We really need to get the garage cleaned out..garbage clean up day is Wednesday and the village will pick up all our trash, except for paints and tires and batteries...so I figure I might as well get the garage cleaned out..hubby is more of a hoarder than I am..at least my hoard is somewhat organized..anyway..have a great day and enjoy moving the hook.


www.etsy.com/shop/byhooks4u

3 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Your doilies are lovely, as always, Vikki! Looking forward to seeing pics of your treadle sewing machine! :)

Mereknits said...

Your purple doilies are so beautiful. Good luck with the clean up. I need to do some myself but have been a bit lazy lately.
Hugs,
Meredith

Charlotte said...

Can't wait to see the sewing machine.