Monday, November 16, 2015



This is the first doily I made with the BABYLO thread.  The color is a nice violet purple #553....and is sold out...The pattern is from Patricia Kristoffersen in her book  Victorian Spiral Doilies...I think she still has copies at her Etsy shop and her web page...  I am a fan of this thread..it is right up there with the Cebelia.  It is a softer thread, so smooth and works up beautifully....  It is also moving quite well in my shop.  I am out of the purple, the variegated pink, the variegated yellow.  I wish I would have ordered more as my next order won't be here until January..  If you try the thread let me know your opinion on the thread please.  I truly want your feedback.. I put in a huge order of every color for the next order..  

News for you all if you are interested...a few of us threadies are working together to try and get a retreat organized in St. Louis for the fall of 2016...we really want ideas and maybe an idea of how many are truly interested.  We are trying to get in touch with designers, and people who want to "teach" a technique at a reasonable costs...So if you think you might be interested in attending..or teaching...just enjoy being with other hookers..won't you please consider joining our facebook page...crochet retreat....just type that in the search bar..and you will find us..and that way we can get an idea of how many are interested and what you would like to do....it will be a great weekend for all.....

Oh yes,....keep your eye on my blog as I am contemplating a percentage off for my blog followers...for a day or two only...on thread only.....

www.etsy.com/shop/byhooks4u

2 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Your doily is gorgeous as always, and I'm glad that the thread is a good seller for you. :) How fun that you all are planning a St. Louis retreat! If I lived closer, I think that is something I would enjoy. I'll live vicariously through those that are able to attend though. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always.. the colour is stunning..great pattern.. hugs pat :))