Sunday, October 7, 2012

Knitting?... and a few finished items..

 Remember that knitting group I told you about in my last post?  They tried to teach me to knit.  I learned to cast on..but after awhile one the ladies said,"In order to save time.." and took the hook and finished casting on..guess it was taking me too long..then another lady showed me how to knit?..I move one stitch at a time to another needle..one stitch..ok...it took me 2 count them 2 hours to make what you see.  So I signed up for a class that maybe can teach me differently..oh I know why knitting needles are pointed...to stab your eyeballs out..when frustration sets in...Ok..on to something I know I can do



These are what I finished up this past week..The name thingys are Christmas gifts to my daughters.  They don't read my blog so I think it is safe to put them on here.  I plan on going to Hobby Lobby or Joann's to get them framed.  I  am going to try and do that when they have a sale or coupon ..at least that is the plan.  Other than what you see here..nothing is going on here.  I am missing my daughter and grandkids something awful..might have to be making a trip in the next few weeks.  I am still in the process of destashing the stash..lol..I have some thread that I am going to be giving away in the next day or two..so be sure to stop back by.  Thanks for stopping by..hope all is well in your world.  Blessings my friends.  Don't ask me what happened here..it just happened ( all by itself..the computer is doing its own thing)

8 comments:

Mary said...

Vikki, don't feel bad about the knitting. I never learned either. Sounds like that lady was short on patience. I have a friend who can knit. We seldom see each other since our kids have grown. Anyway, she tried showing me once but I just didn't seem to care for it. I will stick to crocheting. Your filet crochet names are really nice. They make wonderful gifts. One of a kind for sure!

hooksandyarns said...

As always, your doilies are all beautiful. Good luck with your knitting. :)

Jenna said...

Hey miss Vikki! My grandmother tried to teach me to knit when I was younger and thought it better I get a different hobby...I took up piano...that was no better. I didn't even get as far as you did in the knitting department, so I think you did a great job!!! I love the newest doilys. I know you miss your daughter and grandchildren...I miss my mom. She lives in a different state too and I don't get to see her as often as I would like. I'm thinking of taking a trip up to see her soon too. Have a nice Sunday evening friend! Hugs Jennifer

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad about the slow knitting progress - it really is just slow! I do continental because I am a crocheter at heart and it goes a LOT faster - truly, if you haven't tried that, give it a whirl. YouTube can be a great teacher :)

Preeti said...

Very beautiful doilies, especially the last one:) all the best for your knitting adventures:)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I hope you do keep on with the knitting! Knitting is slow going, but it produces a fabric that you just can't get with crochet. I am a slow knitter, too. I am much faster at crochet.

First I think they showed you with too small of a needle, they should have taught you with a size 10 or something large with worsted weight yarn, too. That way your stitches are big and you can see them develop faster. At least that is how I first learned. But what ever works is all that matters. :)

Check out some of the knitted doilies...they will blow your socks off. Keep at it, before you know it, you will have crochet and knit doilies to sale next year at the fair. :)

Blessings always to you and Buddy, too.


Sangeetha said...

I can understand your frustration. I do knit but very rarely as I find it makes me all thumbs and hampers my speed. Even though I am a die hard crochet addict I still feel that the fabric produced by knitting has a lovely look, feel and drape. So do keep at it.
Love

Charlotte said...

I completely understand about the knitting. I intrigues me to watch others knit but it is too slow for me.