Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blah, Blah, Blah...having one of those weeks

I try to blog once a week..preferably on Mondays so life won't get in the way of it..I didn't make it this week.  Then I  thought I would just not do a blog this week, knowing me if I don't do it this week I won't do it next week either. 
 I finally got the flowered doily blocked..it is made with ecru and what I call maroon or burgundy..although I was told that burgundy is more purple..anyway the color is #816.  It is one of my favorite patterns to work..do I say that about all the patterns?
I finished hookin these three, but haven't blocked them yet..I don't consider them finished until they are blocked and starched... the white one is a pineapple runner (these sell really well at my show and I don't have any made) .  I still have yellow on my hook and started another last night..the color is #745..a happy shade of yellow. Stichy Mcfloss is having a CAL (crochet along) and she has picked this one
It is called Cluster Stitch Doily.  It is a free pattern and is public domain.  Me the pattern hoarder that I am just happen to have it.  I have found it in at least 2 of my books.  The CROCHETER'S TREASURE CHEST and Old Time Crochet Magazine..dang...I put the magazine up and I was gonna tell you which issue it was..Stitchy has a link where to find the pattern on line for free if you want to join up...  http://stichymcfloss.blogspot.com    I am thinking a cream color might really look good...or a mocha..well I really need to get moving.  It is almost 11 and I am still in my pj's.  I have doilies to block and a house to pickup.  ugh....well maybe the house can wait..blessings my friends and thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Preeti said...

Your doily looks so pretty !! The colourful flowers are just lovely. I especially liked the maroon border :) waiting to see your other doilies !!

Denise Briese said...

Your work is spectacular as always..I know what you mean by one of those weeks.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Love the doily. I think I might join the CAL because I need to start something after a week off!

marci said...

I think it is maroon and that is one of my favorite ones you do also.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Your doilies always make me salivate! Goodness that is a lovely doily.

Oh I love the 816 color. In the DMC floss world it's used a lot for Christmas. Love it.

I am so glad you are joining in on the CAL fun. I am still not sure what color I am gonna use, but I like your ideas.

Don't forget, another part of the story I am writing will appear on my blog this Saturday.

Blessings to you always dear friend. :)

LindaCrochets said...

Beautiful doily! The CAL was definitely a good choice. That particular pattern has been on my "want to do" list for some time...just now now.
Linda/lindacrochets

Gramma Rita said...

Beautiful doily! I'm with you...to me it would be maroon or burgundy as well. :)

Pammy Sue said...

So pretty!

Ninu said...

pretty as always

Donna Heber said...

Hi Vikki,

I just adore your flowered doily. The ecru and maroon look fantastic together. Wonderful for the 4th of July or holidays.

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Amei visitar o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.