Monday, August 5, 2013

The hook was moving last week!!!

 Good Morning my friends.  I hope this post finds you all well..  My hook has been moving.  The first doily is a square about 12 inches.  I hope you can click the picture and see the buillion stitches.  I don't make too many doilies with that stitch as it takes alot of time and patience to have the stitch turn out right.  Something about having to wrap the thread around your hook 20 times and trying to take it off with out getting it tangled or messed up.  It turned out pretty well if I say so myself...
 Ok I had the purple thread out..the color is #210 what I call purple or lilac..you can look it up on the DMC color chart or go look at their embroidery thread at walmart or hobby lobby or joanns.  You won't find DMC Cebelia on any store shelves as most stores just don't carry it anymore..But you can find it in my Etsy shop...Just click the doily to your right and it will take you there..
 This pattern I found on the cover of Crochet World...August 2011 issue.  I wanted something just a little different size.  And I need to brush up on my filet crochet ...I have a big project coming up and I want to make sure that I still know what I am doing when it comes to reading a chart.  More on that project later..as I am not starting it until the end of September..
This one was done in Ecru..I think I am getting the hang of reading a chart..although I think I found a problem with the chart..so if you make it ...watch the row count if you go by the chart..just saying..I could be wrong.

Next week we are getting a new roof put on.  After getting many, and I mean alot, of estimates we are finally getting a roof put on our house.  We really wanted to go with a metal roof, but the contractor was hard to get in touch with and didn't seem to have his head in the game.  So we are going with a regular roof.  We have to put on an almost entire new roof.  After having many roofers look at the house (because we weren't trusting just one) we have to bring the roof up to code!! So that means an almost all new roof from the rafters up!!  But we are going to go ahead and get the skylights.  We almost thought about not getting them because of the cost, but we aren't going to put a new roof on again, and we might as well get what we want.  So we are going to bite the bullet.  My living room is dark..there are no windows and only a door into the sunroom so it is dark all the time. And I need the sun..so this should help.  So I need to find a quiet place next week so I can stay out of their way and get some hooking done..Any suggestions?   They plan on starting next Monday..so I gotta come up with a plan...

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to visit.  I hope you all have a blessed week.  

9 comments:

Faith said...

Looks purple to me too. Lovely doily as usual my friend..your hooks are happy ones..:)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh I love what you've been hooking lately. Love the color, too. :)

I am glad to hear you are getting ready for the big project in September. I am so looking forward to that.

Blessings always sweet friend.

Pammy Sue said...

Did you get my message on Google? I sent you an email last week about that pineapple runner. Do you know if there are errors in the pattern? I'm having problems with Round 3 and have ripped it back to round 1 several times. It's just not working out for me, like the number of stitches and stitches lining up across the row. I'm going MAD! I finally just put it up and started something else, but I would like to know if there is an error or what.

Sherri said...

Say this is a good time to take a little trip to Vegas, you can catch a ride with Jo.
Heehee We could crochet away the days

Gramma Rita said...

As always, your work is absolutely beautiful! Bless your heart for doing those bouillions (or however it's spelled LOL). I do not have the patience for them. Nor do I have the patience for popcorn stitches, so I guess it's not surprising. LOL

Preeti said...

Lovely doilies !!:) the one with bullion looks amazing!! I had earlier tried bullion but it works for few stitches and then I lose patience .

mary i said...

One of my favorite colors. Lovely work. I understand your need for sun and light. The only place I can think of is your local Library,mine was a life saver when my house was being redone. Happy new roof!

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! I have tried the bullion stitch and always had problems pulling the hook through all those loops. I saw a solution on Pinterest using a straw on top of the crochet hook. Try this link.http://pinterest.com/pin/106819822383530156/

Ninu said...

I love purple, your doilies look amazing. I myself still dont have tht patience to do bullions.