Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A glimpse back into 2013 and looking ahead to 2014

I want to take a minute to thank each and everyone of you who took time out of your busy lives to read my blog and offer words or encouragement and to be scolded from time to time...this year.  My blog followers have grown from less than 50 last year to over 150...wow..

This year has been a good year for me and my family.  My youngest grandson was given to my daughter and her husband.  We will be forever grateful to the young woman who thought my daughter would be the best mother for her son..and that my son-in-law would be the best father..and to God for forever blessings us...

This year I have made a record amount of sales in my etsy shop...I started carrying DMC Cebelia thread (mostly to protect my supply), sent 13 large tabletoppers to Greece (biggest order to date),  made and sold more doilies than any previous year.  I have been blessed.

This year I have made some really good friends..some people who "get" me.  Friends that accept me as I am and don't try to change me..friends that encourage me and lift me up when I am down.  I have been blessed.

So that is my year in review...Please enjoy the pics as these are some of my favorite creations over the past year....











9 comments:

Sherri said...

Girl you are such a blessing to me and I'm sure to other! I count you as a forever Sista. You and yours are in my prayers!

Faith said...

Vikki, Happy New Year...and continued blessings for you and your family, what a touching and complimentary note about your family. This is what? our 3rd New Year as blog neighbors? I consider an honor to be one of your followers, as you are as I have said countless times. the master...of the hook n thread. I look for forward to another year with you as my "bud", and see what your hook will produce. Thank you for being an inspiration to us all.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love seeing all the beautiful things you made in 2013! You are so talented. :)

You are such blessing to all of us who are lucky enough to call you friend.

I pray 2014 will be a year filled with good health, and many blessings, too my sweet sista!

Gramma Rita said...

You made a lot of beautiful things in 2013. Looking forward to seeing what beautiful things 2014 brings! Happy New Year! :D

Preeti said...

Happy new year to you and your family, Vikki!! :) glad to know that your 2013 was fabulous. May God give you lot of success and happiness in the coming years :)

Crafy Lady said...

Happy New Year, hopefully I will be traveling to Evansville this month and we will hacve to have a coffee day. Love all your beautiful work.

BarbaraD

Charlotte said...

While we have never met in person, I feel like we are the best of friends. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!
P.S. What's your secret for selling on Etsy?

Mereknits said...

What a wonderful year with so many things to be grateful for. Happy 2014!
Hugs,
Meredith

Geertrude Plogt Ook said...

Hi thanks for sharing thiss