Monday, August 3, 2015

And the light goes out.....

Hi everyone hope everything is going well in your part of the world.  I got myself up early..even put some clothes on...combed my hair, washed my face...all so I could run out to Lowes to find an ott lamp bulb.  I was in the middle of making this ....
When my bulb in my ott lamp decided to die....notice the black thread....almost impossible to work with black under a normal light.  So I get online thinking I could just order one...nope ..there are too many replacement bulbs with too many different numbers...and the price..crazy..I could almost buy a new lamp..anyway...so I posted my dilema on a facebook group..and someone suggested Lowes....now Lowes and any other store you might want to go to is a half hour drive away....so there is an hour of my hooking time gone....But being the smart girl that I am I took my bulb with me..and lo and behold Lowe's did have my bulb!! and it was only $10.00....and I was checking out their ott lamps....yep half the price of JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby....just saying....


So this doily is an Ann White of BellaCrochet....a free pattern...and it is quickly turning into one of my go to patterns..works up quickly...anyway..I used Cebelia black #310 and yellow..I call marigold and a shaded orange Lizbeth thread....Oh I was cleaning up my room and I found a box...loaded with Lizbeth thread...about 100 balls....all brand spanking new.....I need to clean more often....

I am trying to make room on my shelves for the DMC  Babylo thread...I got to looking through my stuff, needless to say, I have stuff...and then there is the stuff that I thought I would make...I have stuff that I have started to make....and then there is the stuff I didn't even know I had.  I have more than enough stuff....so I am seriously thinking about doing some select destuffing....just in the thinking stages right now.   I think on that note I am going to grab a hook and think about what I am going to make with my stuff...many blessings to you




6 comments:

Mereknits said...

I have de-stuffed quite a bit of yarn and am trying hard to use stash. Great idea going to Lowe's that was brilliant.
Hugs,
Meredith

Kate said...

So glad you were able to find the bulb at Lowe's! I'll have to remember that when my bulb burns out. Gorgeous doily! Have fun going through your stuff.

Sherri said...

Girl! Wow this is so pretty, I just love black thread and that orange just pops! I may have to order thread from you in black, if I haven't already ordered it! Hahaha

Charlotte said...

Glad you were able to find the bulb you needed. I have had to go to Lowe's for my lamp so that's how I knew they had them. Beautiful doily. I don't like working with black but it does make beautiful work.

susanne said...

First off, thank you for coming and commenting on my post faithful blogger friend. That warms my heart to know that even though I have sporadically in and out of here, someone still sticks by me patiently waiting. Now, that light bulb, wow to the price even at cheaper Lowes. I have 2 of those myself, a table lamp here in my sewing room and a floor lamp still in the box. Both were sale items from Joanne's. The doily is pretty. Black is terrible to work with and good lighting is essential. You mention "stuff" I think we are all kinda "stuffy". How does one get in such a state and not feel overwhelmed, I have no clue. We feed our addictions in small doses and then open the room door to discover plastic totes that have breed while we were doing other things. I have so many projects started that I have dared myself to buy one more thing. Joanne keeps sending all those coupons in the mail.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Gramma Rita said...

Beautiful doily! I have an Ott light, but still have a hard time with the darker colors. I admire your work! :)