Monday, November 28, 2016

And moving on to Christmas!!!

Today is Cyber Monday....whatever....I don't buy into the hype of doing my shopping on these days....I don't know if I am missing out on something or not.   I just haven't figured out what or how I am doing the gift giving this year.  My grandkids are growing up and are getting harder and harder to shop for.  I have a few that are still young and will enjoy anything grandma and grandpa hand them.  Most of you know I am not a shopper...I don't like crowds, don't like shopping period.  I can do it...but usually I don't if I don't have to.  Although to go shopping with mom and my sisters can really be fun..as long as I don't think about it too long and just do it.  As for Cyber Monday...well...I think the prices will be about the same if not better a week from now.  But that is my opinion I could be wrong..but I highly doubt it.   I have a tiny shop on Etsy...and it does no better, and no worse on Cyber Monday...I don't discount my things.  Little shops like us already price our items as low as we can..most of us give away our time on our items...otherwise they would never sell.  We cannot compete with the big box stores..nor do we try.  Our shipping costs are more, we still have to pay all the fees for Etsy, for paypal.  So Cyber Monday is just big business trying to entice us to spend our $$ in their stores. I will encourage you if you are looking for something unique..something special..something that means something...please shop small..whether it be online, or in your town..help that small business owner out and keep them afloat...small businesses are getting sqeezed so keep that in mind when shopping this holiday season. 

Ok....I made these two during the past week....both are listed in my etsy shop...along with the thread I used to create them....
This is a design that I just tested for Grace Fearon....I used self striping Alize Miss Batik..I love the way it worked out


 This is the thread I used to create the doily
Both doilies and the thread used to create them can be found in my etsy shop....  BYHOOKS4U.etsy.com



My Christmas runner that I finishedup over the weekend.

Byhooks4u.etsy.com


Ok I think it is time to go...I can't figure out how to get out of caption mode......argh......have a great week everyone.



3 comments:

deebriese said...

I look forward to this day to treat myself..to thread or patterns.. A small discount or free shipping goes a long way to entice those of us who watch our pennies..ill admit i spent money today at my favorite etsy shops that offered discounts..buy one get one etc.so dont be so quick to blow off the idea. I myself am a small business person.

Anna said...

Beautiful doily !!!
I'm not buying anything online today...
Anna

Charlotte said...

I agree, Vikki! I don't do Black Friday either! Beautiful doilies.