Friday, June 24, 2016

I am drinking my first cup of tea this morning and realize I haven't blogged for about a week...so here goes...It has been a wonderful week...I have a new grandson!!!!  Megan my youngest daughter and her family have been blessed with the adoption of a new child.  Meg and her family have been waiting for this baby for at least a year now.  If you or someone you know have been down the adoption road, you know how rocky this road is.  So praise be that our family has grown.  I haven't met him yet..but I am working on getting up there to meet him.   I would post a pic of him...but me techno challenge...the pics are in my phone...and I am on my laptop..not sure how to get them from one place to another...so that's for another day....Trust me he is just as handsome as his brothers...and I love him although I have yet to meet him.

Ok here is last's weeks doily....it is a pattern design by Cylinda Mathews, Crochet Memories...
This was a CAL from a few months ago,  but I just got around to doing it.   I like this girl's designs, very well written and easy to follow along.. she has a website  Crochet Memories..you can find her patterns there..she also has a facebook page... this doily is approx. 22 inches across and has 13 flowers, made with DMC Cebelia thread and Lizbeth.

I tested another pattern but it has to be blocked, and pictures taken and sent to Grace before posting pics on here.  So check back in a few days, I may have it posted by then.  One can only hope.

My oldest grandson has been visiting since last Sunday...do you know you have to feed teenagers?  If you don't they remind you...and start planning meals from the minute they get up?  Did you know boys eat a lot and I mean a lot more than girls?  Just a heads up...

IF you need thread or are looking for a really nice thread be sure to check my shop out.  I also have pattern books from my destashing effort...I still have some to list... you can find me here   Byhooks4u.etsy.com 

have a wonderful weekend..and be sure to find the joy and count your blessings...

Byhooks4u.etsy.com



4 comments:

Mereknits said...

A huge congrats on the new addition to your family Vickie, adoption is fabulous as I very well know.
Hugs,
Meredith

Charlotte said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I think I saw his picture on Facebook. Beautiful doily.

Gramma Rita said...

What a gorgeous doily! I have yet to make it, but it's on my "someday" list. :) Congratulations to all on the new grandbaby! <3

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

You can send your pics from your phone through email (if you have email on your phone). Then open up the mail on your laptop and download the pics. :) Smart phones do it easy.

I just spent a weekend with my grand daughters....one is in 7th grade and the other in 3rd grade. I so enjoyed them.