Monday, June 13, 2016

Pattern Testing

Wow it is hot here in Southern Indiana....so sticky..so what can I possible do all day long?  Yep...I am hooking it. I have a tablecloth, a flowered doily, a runner and a test pattern on my hook.  If you know me you know when I have this many things going...that I tend to freeze up.  But I am doing ok with it.

I finished this up over the weekend..it is a test pattern.  The pattern was designed by Grace Fearon...the name of the doily is IVY...You can find her on Ravelry.  Not sure if she has this pattern up for sale yet, but she has others that she offers. 

Let me tell you about this design..it is not...repeat ..is not for the beginner..I would say it is for the experienced hooker...one who has full knowledge of all stitches..and understand the lingo.  Remember not every designer uses the same words in the same order....I no problem with the instructions, but did have to slow down and read the instructions all together...but it is a wonderful design.  I feel that Grace is a wonderful designer.  I love PK designs with texturing stitches..and Grace is right up there with Patricia Kristoffersen in her designs...and looking forward to more from her. 





I used a LeeWards #6 hook, DMC Cebelia #3033, size 10 thread....the color doesn't show up well...

anyway I hope you all have a great week...

www.etsy.com/shop/byhooks4u

4 comments:

Preeti said...

Lovely design, looks similar to stitches used in Patricia's designs.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! Stay cool and crochet!

Mereknits said...

There is no way I could make that, it is so intricate and gorgeous.
Hugs and stay cool,
Meredith

Gramma Rita said...

Gorgeous doily!!